God smiled upon us AGAIN! The weather in Central Park was beautiful.

I got to meet Linda Herman but the sad part was the many I didn't get to
meet because of the hoopla and duties on the day of the big event.

Barbara was supposed to receive the Bonander Award after me. I was supposed
to give the speech and when it was her turn she was supposed to say she
seconded what ever I said.....well it didn't work out that way...she went
first....and forgot what she was going to say....lol

The last time I gave an extemporaneous speech was at the university many
years ago and it showed.

Evelyn Bonander, Alan's sister presented the award and gave us insights on
their childhood. It was wonderful getting to meet the family of my Parkinsn
hero.

Once again, many came so far to exhibit solidarity in our quest for raising
money for research in search of a cure.

Last year was my first walk and the pure emotion of the event was
overwhelming for me. This year I took away from the event the determination
to continue on for as long as time will permit me to help the welfare of
our community in finding a cure.

Sometimes we get upset by some policies of the national organizations and
sponsors. We speak out and vent our frustrations but at the Unity Walk, we
put away our differences....our politics, to come together to fight our
common enemy...PD.

It's fitting, that our national...and international Unity Walk takes place
in the spring of the year, when hope springs eternal. The flowers and the
trees and the birds awake and rejoice at the dawning of a new season.

On Wednesday, at the Morris K. Udall dinner sponsored by PAN presented a
Buddy Award to one of our own, Margaret Tuchman. I am so happy that
Margaret received the award.

Margaret, if you will recall was one of the volunteers that was
instrumental in the creation of the Parkinsn List Drug Database. We are so
honored to have so many volunteers who devote their time and resources to
helping us, the powerless sufferers. Congratulations MARGARET TUCHMAN!

John Cottingham