        I happen to be a not very religious person but I am a social conservative,
and I HAVE HAD PD OVER 7 YEARS (to answer that question quickly). I have
very troublesome and  limiting symptoms on which I will not elaborate. I am
NOT helped by reading the constant religious and political sniping and I
have just about reached the point of leaving PIEN because of that. I'm sure
that the parties who insist on engaging in the activity to which I refer
will wish me their synonym for "God speed".  I can only respond by saying
that no doubt I am not the only PWP who has had just about enough, or who
will reluctantly say goodbye. This PIEN List has gone from one which
provided useful and helpful input by PD sufferers down to what we see
today. There are undoubtedly other venues for those who wish to vent their
anger over problems with stem cell research, (as if that will provide an
instant cure!) and other political complaints. And why vent bitterness here
over the bad hand that fate or life has dealt most of us on this list?
There are always those who see themselves as martyrs for whom nothing will
help, and as victims of  George Bush and Republicans, if not God.

Don Adams