I think anger, when applied as Rick wrote, can be a positive thing.
However, too much anger can be detrimental to a person's mental and
physical health.

I understand that health is already the problem, but the point is that
anger can actually make things worse and inhibit healing. Like a car
goes where you look, you go where your mind goes. Didn't a recent study
show that pessimistic people are more likely to get Parkinson's? Other
studies have corroborated the detrimental effects of anger on mental and
physical health, so this is not just my opinion.

I don't mean to imply that if you are pessimistic you will get PD, or if
you are optimistic you won't. I also don't want to imply that positive
thinking will cure PD - if only it were that easy! I do believe that
positive thinking can help. You can apply a positive energy to get
things accomplished as well as a negative energy. It can perhaps be even
more effective, as less people will be alienated on the way to
accomplishing your goal. While I do understand the need to vent, I also
worry about the detrimental effects of not having somewhat of a balance
of positive with negative feelings. I sound absolutely zen, don't I? :)
You can get angry at me for that if you want - I'm used to it. My
husband vents on me often, and I worry about him too.

Wendy