Proceeds genertaed from YoungParkinsons.com's association with Amazon.com
will be donated to the Young Onset Parkinson's Association. View other PD
material using our association at: http://www.youngparkinsons.com/amazon.htm

But it here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=youngparkinso-20&creative=932
5&camp=1789&link_code=ur2&path=tg/detail/-/1873413130/qid=1114032272/sr=8-1/
ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Michael J. Fox, http://www.MichaelJFox.org
"Rasheda Ali brings home the profound liberation of a child's innate
willingness to accept disease without fear."

USABookNews.com, January 2005
"A beautifully written and illustrated guide. Provides parents with a format
to answer their children's questions. A highly recommended read"

Book Description

"It really makes me proud to know that my daughter has become an activist in
this cause and has chosen to write this book. Through her good work, the
search to find a cure for this disease continues." -Muhammad Ali, former
three-time World Heavyweight Champion, from the Foreword.
Inspired by her father, Muhammad Ali and his interaction with her children,
Rasheda Ali addresses 16 of the most common Parkinson's symptoms, which most
frequently concern children who may not understand why their loved ones with
the disease behave in certain ways.

I'll Hold Your Hand So You Won't Fall: A Child's Guide to Parkinson's
Disease is written for adults to read to children. It encourages dialogue
about the condition through the use of colorful illustrations presenting
day-to-day family life with Parkinson's patients in the home and outdoors.
Symptoms are discussed in simple language and adults are provided with
questions to ask children to encourage conversation about the condition.
Medical facts are supplied at the end of each page to help readers answer
children's questions with greater ease, and specific terms are explained in
the margin.

Parkinson's Disease affects over one and a half million people in North
America and 60,000 people are diagnosed with the disease each year. The
World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that there are approximately 6.3
million people worldwide with Parkinson's Disease.

"I hope that this book will encourage families to work together as a team by
providing patience, love, understanding, and encouragement to their loved
ones who should never be in this struggle alone," said author, Rasheda Ali.

In an easy to access format I'll Hold Your Hand So You Won't Fall:

-Educates children, friends and family members of Parkinson's patients about
the affects of the disease by showing colorful illustrations of patients in
home and outdoor environments. Symptoms are explained in simple terms along
with easy-to-read explanations.

-Creates a foundation for dialogue between children and caregivers by
providing questions to ask of children to stimulate interaction and answers
they can understand.

-Offers encouragement and advice to caregivers, friends and family members
of those living with Parkinson's Disease.

Tom Berdine
Founder; YoungParkinsons.com (www.youngparkinsons.com)
Co-Founder, Young Onset Parkinson's Association (www.yopa.org)
President, Retired, YOPA, 2002-2004
Diagnosed with Young Onset Parkinson's Disease in 2001

"I don't suffer from Parkinson's.I thrive on it." -Tom Berdine

Tom Berdine
10409 Bellamah Ave Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505) 293-5612