On 23 Apr, 2005, at 13:00, MyFirstname Mylastname <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> First signs in order of appearance:
> 1) Unable to type easily with my left hand any more (previously a very
> fast
> typist for decades).
> 2) Frozen, painful left shoulder.

Yes, both of these, and 4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14, plus for me the very
first sign: difficulty keeping the beat when dancing. I was in my
mid-50s.
I went to my family doctor, a savvy, 50-something Irishman. He took an
ordinary upright chair without arms and put it in the middle of the
room. He told me to sit on it and, at his command, stand up and as
quickly as possible turn towards the back of the chair as if to run
away from it from behind. He made me repeat this action quickly on both
sides, several times. Then he said: "I'm sending you to a neurologist.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think you have Parkinson's."
David T.