Bill:
Having a familial type of PD my symptoms developed early.  A tight
torticollis at  3 or 4  and remembering   the doctor behind me placing
one hand on the back of my head and his other  on my jaw and snapping my
head to the side and back.
It did the trick but the surprise and pain I have not forgotten at soon
to be  63.  While in Coast Guard boot camp, the drill
instructor  would notice that when preforming  the right face command,
I was doing something with my feet that they did
not like and could not change but it did  provided "entertainment"  for
the DI's.  Had on going back problems  in my  30's and
40's that DR's could not  understand, the pile of x-rays looked OK.
Then in my mid 50's noticed that wile walking  the left foot pointed
straight ahead and  the right leg was  externally rotated.   About 5
years ago,  I  told the neurologist  that was treating
me for my back problems for some 3 years to look at all of my symptoms,
like thumb tremors, drooling  and  that an aunt been
diagnosed at 85 with PD.  I knew before  the* Sinemet *test I had  PD.
Other physical findings  with my type of  familial PD
are short in stature and a somewhat foreshortened foot with a high
arch.  *Maripax* has controlled my symptoms for over  5
years.  My 95 year old father is now showing some signs of PD, he is
doing fine lives alone and cares for himself.

While PWP represent only 1% of the population 90% of us have been
misdiagnosed and missed treated.

Ned