John,

Although I have to confess DBS is not a term I understand, but I am somewhat
familiar with the general issue of constipation that ids an integral problem
with PD.

I have had some rather serious issues with this problem.  I haven't solved
the problem 100%, but I'd say I'm 85-90%better.

The first thing I did was to dramatically increase the amount of water I
drink each day.  I always drink at least 80 oz. and sometimes more.  It
sounds like a lot but over the course of a day it isn't that much.  I was
not a big water drinker in the past so it took a while to get accustomed to
it.  The water helps to keep everything "softer" and more capable of passing
thru.  I also decided I HAD to supplement daily with a fiber product.  I
made the mistake of buying the powered fiber that you mix with juice, water,
anything you want.

But for me it was unbearable.  I had to mix it really quick and drink it
down very fast or it would thicken and turn to "glop".  I spoke with my
pharmacist.  He said the powered stuff is slightly more effective, but he
said he recommended getting good quality fiber tablets.  They do work and I
can easily swallow them with water.  I use Citrucel caplets, but I'm sure
there are many good brands

If you take the caplets be sure to drink plenty of water with them as they
will swell pretty quickly and could choke you if you can't swallow.

Also, do what ever kind of exercise you are able to do.  Walking, running in
place,anything will help. This sort of gets things bounced around in your
bowels and allows nature to move it on thru you.

Eating apples or other fibrous, bulky fruits and vegetables will help also.

I have tried to be as delicate as I could, but it is an important subject
and there are many, many who have the problem
Claudia