> The question made me uncomfortable.  There is more to human stem cell
> research than just developing organs and parts - we may be developing an
> entirely new species for our own benefit.  That new species might be more
> 'us' than 'them.'  Is this slavery re-visited?

Science Fiction has invented clones before they became real. So far, most
countries have laws to prevent cloning of humans. I expect sooner or later
someone will be tempted and it is not a law that will change anything.
Most scientists are responsible people but research will always continue. The
Atom bomb was/is a horror. People got used to it....to the point of not
wanting to destroy any nuclear armament which is as big a threat to humanity
as cloning. There is a good, or at least a potentially good side to stem cell
research. What is the good side of nuclear weapons?
marsye cg JOhn 76,16