The NPF has been working on a guide for PD patients when in the hospital to address these issues.

My patients have been successful by telling their doctors up front in writing when they go in the hospital, the meds, and that the meds must be written for at specific times...i.e. give 5mg at 8 am, 5 mg at 10am etc.  and not just three times a day...

The more specific you are the better.

My nurses also take calls from the outside physicians if they have questions...

Most people don't understand the meds and treatment of PD so we just have to extend a hand and help them.

Michael S. Okun, M.D.