From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marcy
Bauman
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: conference musings

Actually, there's a way around this . . .

--- Jane Milton wrote:

> I'd also like to respond to the "more
> inkshedding/more discussion" requests,
> which I heartily support. To do this will mean
> restricting the number of
> presenters. Many people cannot get funding to attend
> unless they appear on
> the program, so there may be an effect on the number
> of participants in
> doing this.

At Inkshed 14 (my god! It couldn't have been that
long ago!!) we structured reading time into the
program, partly to address this need. People were
encouraged to submit written texts on which other
Inkshedders could read and comment. The idea was to
devote some time as a group to responding to those
texts; I don't think we did that part very well, but
perhaps if there was a way to bring those texts back
to the larger group, it would be more attractive to
people to submit papers rather than stand and deliver
them.

Marcy

Marcy Bauman

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of
the human race."
H. G. Wells (1866 - 1946)

http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/
http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/