From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marcy Bauman
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 3:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: concurrent sessions

I have to say, I don't think that concurrent sessions
would work very well.  Part of the power of Inkshed
comes from the fact that people have a shared
experience - one session feeds into another in very
unexpected and rich ways.

I wasn't at PEI, but I'm intrigued by the poster
session idea.  Seems like that format would work well;
people would engage to a greater or lesser degree with
the various posters, but still, they'd all be
available for review.  Maybe the poster session could
be followed up by inkshedding, and then a
question-and-answer period.  That period could be
concurrent, in the sense that posters could be
clustered by topic, and the Q&A for each topic cluster
could take place simultaneously (perhaps with someone
assigned to summarize questions and answers in writing
for the whole group).

Just a thought . . . I'd hate to see concurrent
sessions for 'regular' (not the best word but I'm at a
loss for a better one) sessions.  I think we'd lose
more than we'd gain.

Marcy

Marcy Bauman

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of
the human race."
H. G. Wells (1866 - 1946)

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/