I would just like to add that Betsy's idea of a few concurrent sessions
makes a lot of sense if we want to avoid the reducing the number of
presentations accepted.  Another potential example that might work well
would be writing centre presentations to run concurrently with
curriculum or course-development presentations.  I know that this
example may not work quite as well as the research one, because some
writing centres run actual courses and many people both teach courses
and work in writing centres, but if we end up running a couple of
concurrent sessions, then this is a suggestion for something that may
not conflict as much as other topics.

Sincerely,
Julie-Ann

Julie-Ann Stodolny