My first response is, who needs a memory when we've got Google?

> My memory--ha!--tells me that we once had a discussion on this
> listserv about voice,  I'm not referring to the discussion of
> authenticity/"real" writing, but more along the lines of "helping
> students find their own voices"--or perhaps that was only one aspect
> of the discussion.

And I had no memory of that discussion at all.  But . . . if you go to
the CASLL archive -- which is here:

http://listserv.unb.ca/archives/casll.html

-- and search for any messages with "voice" in the subject, voila,
there's the discussion, _ten years_ ago. (What a memory, Coe! and
translates Latin, too.)

Doug Brent started the thread by asking this: