Dear Inkshedders:

It just occured to me that the following international WAC conference
(which I'm hoping to attend next May) might be of interest to everyone--and
also might be a potential conflict for our 2006 gathering.  I've pasted in
the URL and some information about it (proposals are due in Sept. and can
be submitted online).  Best, Betsy

http://virtual.clemson.edu/caah/pearce/wac2006/

Eighth International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference
May 18-20, 2006
The Conference Center & Inn at Clemson University
Clemson, South Carolina

Proposal Deadline: September 26, 2005.
<http://virtual.clemson.edu/caah/pearce/wac2006/proposal_submit_form.htm>Submit
a proposal online!

We are delighted to announce the Eighth International Writing Across the
Curriculum Conference. We encourage proposals from all disciplines­and from
cross-disciplinary teams­on a wide range of topics of interest to faculty,
graduate students, and administrators at two- and four-year colleges. These
topics include:

• WAC: Writing Across the Curriculum
• WID: Writing in the Disciplines
• CAC: Communication Across the Curriculum, which includes
   oral, visual, digital, and written communication
• ECAC: Electronic Communication Across the Curriculum.

We invite proposals of five session types­individual presentations; full
panels; roundtable sessions; poster sessions; and pre-conference workshops.
In addition, we invite submission of proposals in the following broad
categories:

Theme A: Teaching: Using WAC, WID, CAC, or ECAC in Teaching Disciplinary
Courses

Theme B: Research, History, Theory, and Contemporary Practice

Theme C: Program Design, Implementation, Administration, Outreach, and
Assessment

Theme D: WAC, CAC, and Technology

Theme E: The Politics of WAC
Theme F: Cross Thematic and Other Related Topics