From: "Jann Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: Citalopram

> Thank you for your thoughts. Dad has been taking Sinemet a long
time. His predominant symptoms are mostly an overall rigidity,
especially in his legs and although he does not jerk, his hand and arm
movements are very exaggerated, very wide in their scope almost as if
he is making sure to grasp or touch something by making a really
hard-to-fail go at it. We have all learned to live with his physical
condition, have a fairly workable routine, but I am really starting to
miss his involvement in our conversations. I just wish I knew what was
inevitable and what I should be working (researching, inquiring) to
slow down or improve. While our family has learned to "go with the
flow" there is always this little nagging voice urging us to try
something more or different. I suppose this is a common way of
reacting and dealing with a chronic condition that affects everyone in
a Parkinson's sufferer's family. When to just manage and when to
attempt to have an impact. Thanks again for yo!
>  ur
>  attention.
>
> Rick McGirr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Hi, Jann,
>
> You can never know enough about the stuff you put in your body.
>
> On side effects of PD meds, I understand that the drug that causes
the
> most problems in the long run is Carbidopa/Levidopa itself. Over
> time, 5 to 10 years, it can cause wild, jerky motions and
contractions