TO: Life in Motion Coalition Organizations
FROM: Judith Blazer, Executive Director, WE MOVE

Dear Colleagues:

The Life in Motion campaign launched with a press conference at the AAN
annual meeting in Miami on April 11th. Thanks to all of you who attended
the event!! You were among those who heard Drs. Jankovic, Bressman, and
Olson explain to the media why the 40+ million Americans living with a
movement disorder deserve early and accurate diagnosis and effective,
up-to-date treatment. Geri Jewell, actress and comedienne, shared her
personal story of living with spasticity related to cerebral palsy.  She is
just one of the millions of people who is living life to the fullest….and
triumphing over her movement disorder.

In conjunction with the press event, Chandler Chico Agency sent a Life in
Motion press release to thousands of media outlets across the country. A
video news release and public service announcement (PSA) are also available
to the media. Early response to the release has been very positive and
includes interest from numerous neurology and other medical publications
and Web sites, as well as consumer media --People and Prevention magazines;
Regis and Kathie Lee and The View television shows; and others. We will
update you on these exciting opportunities during the second Life in Motion
Webinar on Tuesday, May 3rd at 2pm EDT. Instructions for participation and
an agenda will be sent to you at a later date.

Campaign initiatives will continue throughout 2005 and will include
additional media outreach, public service announcements, and community
outreach that will highlight real stories of people living with movement
disorders. We have been overwhelmed with personal stories from people
living with movement disorders, especially dystonia, tremor, and
Parkinson’s disease. If you are interested in contributing a story to Life
in Motion, we encourage you to contact WE MOVE.

In conjunction with the campaign kick-off, WE MOVE launched the Life in
Motion online Resource Center at www.life-in-motion.org
<http://www.life-in-motion.org/>  and a toll-free number
1-866-546-3136. The Web site is designed for healthcare professionals and
people living with movement disorders and includes information and support
resources including…
-       Listing of Life in Motion coalition organizations with links to
your Web sites
-       Downloadable fact sheets about movement disorders
-       Database of all national movement disorder advocacy groups and
foundations
-       Downloadable brochure titled “Managing Your Life in Motion,” a
practical tool to help patients more effectively communicate with their
healthcare team

We look forward to working with all of you as the campaign progresses and
hope you can join us for the Webinar on May 3rd!!

Sincerely,

Judy

Judith Blazer, MS
Executive Director