One of the favorite topics of late night discussions back in my misspent
youth was the pros and cons of using marijuana.  The scariest negative I
heard at that time was that smoking weed would "temporarily inhibit the
ability to learn."  That effect, it was rumored, was caused by the drug
insulating the nerve endings that normally linked together while you were
learning something.  Shortly after hearing this, I was introduced to a
person in his late twenties who bragged about having been stoned
continuously since he started high school.  As we talked, I noticed he was
demonstrating all the mental, verbal and social skills of a below average
high school student.  That experience convinced me to abstain from
cannabis ever since.  HOWEVER,  if someone comes up with a convincing
argument that this drug reduces my most aggravating PD symptoms, I may be
willing to learn less in exchange for the relief..    Most sincerely, Geo.

"M.Schild" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
05/07/05 01:54 AM
Please respond to
Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: Ailing elderly new face of drug   Many turning to pot to ease pain

> Walters argues there is not a whiff of clinical proof qualifying smoked
pot
> as medicine. Any beneficial compounds that do exist in the leafy plant,
he
> said, should be synthesized, sent through the rigors of the regulatory
> process and packaged as a pharmaceutical, not smoked like black-market
> weed.

Walters ( whoever he is)is wrong. Pot has been recognized useful even
against
atheroma ( in small quantitites). it can be useful against tremor too.
 Of course, govts want to cash in.
It has been synthetized, it is called Sativex
maryse cg John, 76,16

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]