As you might know biotech giant Amgen abruptly halted their trial of GdNF
last September and has refused to continue treatment for the 48 trial
participants -advanced PD patients, many of  whom were greatly helped by
the GDNF infusions. Since the trial halt - they have all regressed, their
symptoms have worsened and they are suffering.

 Two of the participants are suing Amgen to reinstate their treatments.
For  more about this issue see the Parkinson Pipeline Project web site
www.pdpipeline.org  (and while you're there - also see the "Trial
Participants' Bill of Rights")

 and the  Grassroots Connection
http://www.grassrootsconnection.com/grcissue_GDNF_research.htm

A copy of the legal documents are at:
www.gdnf4parkinsons.org

This case is really important to all PWP - not just the 48 individuals,
although we greatly sympathize with them. The  outcome affects all of us,
particularly those who might participate in future clinical trials and
would hope to be treated with respect and concern for our well being.

 A preliminary hearing on Suthers et al. v. Amgen is scheduled for
Thursday May 26th in NYC.
The hearing will be  at 10 am at the Daniel Patrick Moynihan Courthouse
at 500 Pearl Street in lower Manhattan.

It is hoped that PWP and their families will pack the courtroom in a
massive show of support for these patients. Please spread the word among
your  NYC area support groups
If you live in or near NYC, please try to be there.

Letters of support are also needed. more details on these to follow.

Linda