Diane:  First, good luck with your surgery.  Some of us would have a
dreadful time trying keep our mouths shut for 3 minutes - least of all for 3
weeks!  I am sure your computer will come in handy once you are home.  As
for sinemet, there is a "recipe" for liquifying it as per National Parkinson
Foundation booklet on medications.  If you don't already have this, call NPF
(1-800-327-4545) and ask for their free booklets, including the one on
medications.  Don't know about your other meds. NPF "formula" is below, but
BE SURE to discuss this with your PD doctor because dosage needs may vary -
and this involves regular sinemet, not CR. He may want to give your a
morning "jump start" dose and change the amount for hourly doses throughout
the day.  Bring your doctor(s) the information in the NPF booklet. (And see
if NPF can send it to you quickly).

Mix the following ingredients in a one quart PLASTIC (do not use
metal)container with lid:

* 10 tablets  sinemet 10/100 or 25/100 tablets (=1000mg
levodopa)
* 1/2 tsp Ascorbic acid crystals  (=approx 2 gms)
* 1 quart tap or distilled water  (1,000 ml)

Rotate container or shake gently until tablets dissolve (don't need to crush
the pills)  Formula will maintain full-strength and purity for 24-48 hours
in refrigerator.

My husband had abdominal surgery several years ago and would have been
without sinemet for a week (Yikes)! if I had not given this info to his
urologist and the hospital pharmacy.  They administered the liquid sinemet
via naso-gastric tube until he was able to take it the normal way.  You
should not abruptly stop the sinemet, it can lead to complications.  Make
sure your Neuro and the MD doing your surgery confer on this and orders are
written and rewritten when you move from IC to regular hospital floor. Bring
copies of your medication schedule to hospital with you and distribute to
nursing staff more than once.  Our situation went very smoothly once I got
everyone on board - although nursing medication schedules are not
necessarily in keeping with the needs of PWPs.  If  you can have family
and/or friends there with you as much as possible they can run interference
and communicate with the staff.

Bring one of those "slates" (where you lift up a film to erase what you have
written) - if they still make them.  Or a clip board and lots of paper with
a pencil attached so it is readily available. That should help you
communicate your needs.
Again, best of luck.  Hope this is helpful.  Let us know how you are doing.
Best,
Sue