Hello!

Here I am asking for your help again.  I need to see this from your angle so I can help my Parkison's pal.  She is taking too many Sinement pills but lives alone so there is no supervision.  Her children and I have tried numerous types of pill boxes but she continues to pilfer pills from other sources.  That was fine until the last couple of months when she began having trouble keeping track.  She used to record the time she took each pill but now she makes incomprehensible notes that even she cannot read the next day and even if they are readable she has no idea what she was thinking when she wrote them!  She no longer understands what 24 hours is.  She takes pills in the middle of the night which is OK but she does not remember when or if so takes another along the way.  She gets so upset if we try to help yet she calls us at all hours for help!  I finally talked her in to letting me go to the Neuro with her soon so that will help.

I wonder if Alzheimer's is kicking in but she is only 55. She would balk at having a home health care nurse but I can't be there 24 hours a day.

This is too long winded-sorry!  I just need to know what has helped you through a similar situation.  I need to hear it from your side. Maybe you have an inkling what she is thinking.  And can you overmedicate with levidopa?  Is that why she flails at times?

Thanks,
CJ at her wits end in Indy

Friend has had a rather aggresive type of Parkinson's for 6 years and just turned 55.