Four years ago I first heard George Bush's scripted Solomonic decision to stymie embryonic stem cell research.

Four years have taken a tremendous toll on my body and spirit.  I know now that I will not see a "cure" in my lifetime, but just to know that somewhere something is being done, is heartening.

We are not the world, and this research will go forward whether this intellectually and morally deficient  president likes it or not.

In the meantime, as the UK  and South Korea move ahead of us, I will keep calling and writing my legislators to urge them to move into the 21st century.

Ray