Dear Parkinsn Listserv members:

I have been a silent member of this listserv for about a year now.  This is
my first post.  My father was diagnosed with parkinsons in 1999.  He is
currently 62 years of age.

His medication during the first few years was primarily Sinemat, however,
during the last 2 years or so, the doctor has prescribed entacapone
(comptan) to reduce the down time.  Since then, symptons of aggressive
behavior, paranoia and hallucinations have profoundly increased.   Is this
common?  What are the alternative treatments? I would greatly appreciate
anyone sharing some thoughts on this.  Any tips on coping with this behavior
would also be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.
Rajeev