Dear Charles
I think to  be able to find your Italian friend,
give me  some  days  to  ask  around....
I was in  the utmost  astonishment when I heard
 about your lost of mobility.....
Can I ask you about? Where was you implanted?
in the sub thalamic nucleus?
did you use medtronic?
which are your DBS  parameters now?
my are: 2,5 V , 60 ms, 130 Hz both left and righ units
in 1999 the DBS was at first step... may have you planned
to reconsider to repat the neuro stimulation.?
in Italy I think until now there are about  1000
people with DBS.But compared with 1999
the  selection now is very more strict.
Only people in good health are considerated to do DBS
( of course the have to suffer Park disease!)
but they haven't depression, test  neurological has to be
perfect,  cardio vascolar problem.
aren't permited, a good RSM it is obliged, age max for DBS are 70 y.o
A problem is there not not ufficial guide lines for DBS.
There are neuro-chirurgical teams who work in the sub thalamic
others in the pallidus, other in the...
some team implants 4 elettro-catheteres.... so is not easy to do
the better choose...
Before DBS I  took  10 sinemet 25/100  with 10 Comtan + Mirapexin 2 mg
now  I have  reduced  it at  5 sinemet  + Mirapexin 1 mg.
I  hope don't  mind  you with  my questions and
forgive  my english  not  so  good.
regards
gio

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo