Dear Ray,

Your conversation with Trent Frank's office is most intriguing!    I am
unaware of recent news that PAN has issued on this subject.

I am going to visit the PAN web site to see if I can find something  there.
Will check back with you later if I learn anything new.  In  the meantime, is
it possible to get more information from Frank's office about  this "better
alternative?'

My representative here in Illinois (Jerry Costello) also voted 'no' on HR
810.  I have regularly called his offices to ask for his vote on this bill  but
their response has been that the majority of his constituents are against  the
bill and he will vote to represent the majority.  I have my doubts  about the
plausibility of that statement since when I asked them to give me the
numbers on this "majority" they said that they wouldn't have an exact count  until
shortly before the House vote because the numbers change.

In light of the futility of my efforts to persuade Mr. Costello to vote for
this bill I turned my attention to thanking those who did vote for it.   Among
the many lawmakers I called to give my thanks were those who  broke with
their party to support this bill.  Thank God and  God bless those who have the
wisdom and character to be free-thinkers  on this issue.

Dee