Giao.

Thanks for looking for Alessandro.  I appreciate your time in this effort.

My loss of mobility comes from 2 things PD  and polio which I had as a
child.  Prior to getting PD I walked with a pronounced limp.  The PD
finished off my walking days after about 10 years of the illness
progressing  at an average rate.  At that time I participated in a Fetal
transplant experiment which I received active cells  with benefit as
well as runaway dyskinesia  I then had the DBS  of the STN using
medtronic units which controlled the dyskinesia.  I no longer have
(substantial ) freezing or dyskinesia but I am unable to walk distances
because my right shoulder has become arthritic from the weight it has
held up from use of the walker and dystonia Which I have intermittently
in my right arm.

I have had  each unit replaced twice because they have run out of power.

You can see that my case is complicated.  I think that  I can say that
DBS is a palliative treatment.  It does not cure the PD or stop its
progress.  It is helpful  though and I think that I would be
significantly more disabled without it.
I hope that I have answered your questions.

Charlie