Late this afternoon I happened to get CSpan U.S House pre-debate presentation by Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, R of Maryland, PhD in physiology give his presentation of his alternative bill to HR 810, the Stem Cell Enhancement Act.

The bombshell is this:  In 2001 before Bush made his restrictive executive order, Bartlett asked researchers at NIH if stem cell could be obtained without killing the embryo.  He thought it could and mentioned "twinning" as not destroying an embryo.  He was told "yes" it could be done, but Karl Rove told him and Bush that the answer was "no".  Bartlett still believes this is possible and this is what his bill  addresses although I didn't catch the bill number.  He said he thought Rove misunderstood his question.  He will be forgotten in tomorrow's fight, and South Korea is really on the cutting edge anyway using a patient's own DNA.

What got me and will be forgotten is Rove's  fitting of the facts to the preconceived position.  This is like the WMD debacle.

Ray