Please be careful as to what you eat in high quantities; such consumption may have negative effects. From http://employees.csbsju.edu/SSAUPE/biol106/lectures/legumes.htm: Toxins - Many legumes have toxic chemicals in them.  For example, lima beans, especially wild types, have lots of cyanogenic glycosides in them.  Other legumes have trypsin inhibitors (block our protein digesting enzymes) and toxic amino acids.  Lathyrism is an irreversible paralysis caused by eating a vetch and favism is a hemolytic anemia from eating Broad beans.  This latter condition results in genetically susceptible individuals who lack the ability to make a critical enzyme.  Pythagoras may have been a victim. On May 22, 2005, at 5:42 PM, Amanda Phillips wrote: Hi. Excuse me re-opening an old subject - I spoke to a Professor Jenner of Kings College,London. He's on Parkinsons Disease research. He confirms the usefullness of broad beans as a natural source of dopamine. I've bean :) eating as many as I can..... ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask] In the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn