DAVID.

I have heard of a number o f us PD   who have had polio as kids , The
vaccine  came out in 1955 about 1yr after I  had polio in 1954 at about
10 yr. old.  It may be that polio patients are more commmon (UNTIL 1956
)  AND  IT ONLY APPEARS that we have a higher incidence . IN other words
the sample  is skewed. toward the older age group since many of the PD
people that I (we) know are older than 55  I have been  told  by
research MDs that there is no difference in PD incidence whether or not
polio was present earlier.  Once person told me .though that  in her
experience  the first side affected by the PD  is  often same side  as
was affected by t he polio earlier,   I wonder if there are any people
that are part of  the LIST that have had polio and how many had residual
unilaterally  and then if so which side did your PD start on
 Charlie