The wrenching moral dilemma Joan B. Snyder and others are wrestling with is one I believe need not be a problem.

It is very clear to all by now that we have not only lost much precious time, but have fallen behind South Korea and other countries in this research.

I do not expect a cure in my lifetime due to the complexity of the brain and the fact that all PWP are different.  So all my letter writing and phone calls are for future generations, not myself.

What I think, what Joan thinks, what the American people (if the polls are to be believed)and the Congress thinks doesn't matter....this decision has already been made by George Bush.  So millions of us may as well await our fate.  Whether we die on a military or disease battlefield is not important to this administration, which is toxic to both the  human and physical environments.

We do know the research will go on...just not with full governmental support here.  So if by some miracle or luck a "cure" is discovered, Joan and others can make their decision then as to whether they want to take advantage of it (if they can afford it) to go elsewhere for treatment.

If I believed a blastocyst was a person I would oppose it too and have no trouble doing it.

Ray