Dear Charlie and David,

A connection between Parkinson's and Polio?

This is something that a "National Parkinson's Disease Data Base" would  have
a good chance at answering.  Along with polio, a data base could show  a link
between Parkinson's and any number of viral, bacterial, toxic,  trauma or
genetic relationships.

It would take a coordinated effort between doctors, patients and the NIH to
set up such a data base and "yes" it would take money but it could be done if
there were enough forces working for it and a desire to get it done.  We
spend a LOT of money for research and studies as to the cause of Parkinson's and
to any number of neurological diseases and we have been doing so for many
years.  We, as a nation, are not using the full potential of our resources  when
it comes to using technology to investigate the medical research  arena.
Just Look at what the "Amber Alert" has done to connect our  national resources
in efforts to save our children from harm.  We could be  using these same
resources for medical investigation.

Dee