0

From: Mario Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 5 June, 2005 09:55:04 GMT+07:0

MUCUNA PRURIENS
> Do you knnow someoned who has actually
> incorporated it into his daily routine?
> can you elaborate?
> I have tried it, it is awesome.

I have. I was introduced to it while taking a five-week treatment at an
ayurvedic institute in southern India in November 2003 and have been
using it daily since then.
I take one teaspoon of an Indian powder product called Zandopa, three
times a day along with one quarter of a 125mg Madopar dispersible. I
supplement this at the midpoint of the intervening intervals with 2mg
Requip.
The mucuna is very fast acting, gives me quite a high, physically. But
it is hard to work out standardised dosage viz a viz pharmaceutical
l-dopa. Previously I was on a full 125 Madopar dispersible three times
a day, so I have very much cut down on the pharmaceutical side. But
what are the long term consequences of switching to mucuna, who knows?
One supposes natural is good, but, hey, hemlock is natural.
I was diagnosed with PD in 1999.
David Thurston.