I gleaned this info from Diane W's many posts:

The man of the century,  Dr. Hwang Woo-Suk, says we are half way there to cures and human applications and treatments from nuclear transfer.

Also, the South Korean government has spent relatively little money on his research.  I always thought the best argument ESCR and NT opponents had was where is the private money if its so great?

Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, Republican of Delaware, was again speaking to an empty house last night re his bill that would allow research on embryos at the preimplantation genetic analysis stage to take cells that do not kill the embryo.  It's based on the fact that natural twinning and tripling does not destroy embryos   Research has only been done with animals so far.

Of course, ESCR opponents would still be left with lots of embryos, but I guess that's not my problem.  They would still have to find thousands of "adoptive" uteruses and maybe some of the embryos would implant

Am I the only person who watches C-Span?

Ray