Rants & Raves

 Page 1 of 1

02:00 AM Jun. 07, 2005 PT

Date: 06/03/2005 09:59 AM
From: Rayilyn Brown ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Stem-Cell Patient Roasts Lawmaker

It should be noted that Sen. Brownback has used Dennis Turner in the same way ("Stem-Cell Patient Roasts Lawmaker ," June 3, 2005). He touts him as an example of a Parkinson's cure while Turner's Parkinsons has returned. I saw the press conference on my computer with all these people and Turner was shaking like a leaf. Dr. Levesque used Turner's own brain cells in this experiment, but the etiology of the disease is unknown, plus we PWP are all different with regard to progress of the disease and reaction to meds.

Republican Rep. Trent Franks' office also misrepresented PAN's (Parkinson's Action Network) position when I called his office to ask why he voted "no" on HR810.

These liars should be exposed for what they are: cruel users of suffering people for their political agenda and anti-science positions.

- - -