Mary Ann expressed concern with regard to the contraindication of DBS and
MRI. Lee Wu responded by stating that as long as the neurostimulator
parameters [voltage, pulse frequency and pulse width] are all "zeroed"
prior to the MRI that all is well.

I'm under the impression that the lack of compatibility is due to the
electrode lead being a conductor and therefore subject to the large radio
frequency and magnetic fields present in the MRI procedure. These fields
can induce significant currents in the electrode with concomitant heating
of same in the brain. If this notion is correct potential brain damage
could occur regardless of neurostimulator parameters.

I will be visiting my programmer/neurologist later this month and will ask her.

Peace...   David