I have just returned from NIH again,  down on Tuesday, I drive 2 hours  to
Phila., park car, get on train to Washington, DC, taxi to NIH, reverse on
Tuesday night(I am by myself) except shuttle, Metro, Train, pick up car,  and drive
another 2 hours home.  I do the reverse on Friday to pick up  Brig, he has
just completed a study.  That was last week, this week, we did  the down on
Thursday and home on Friday night(trains packed and sold out), my  point is
instead of complaining, get yourself in some of these trials.   They are begging for
people to do this, there is no other way to find what works  and what doesn't.
Come on people, Brig has been doing this for 15 years(diagnosed 19 years
ago), and he is still trying to help find a cure. He has  done, Graduate
Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital, and NIH and  my  husband is no one extraordinary,
just a PD person who is hoping his small  contribution will help.  Call the NIH,
they are very accommodating, or go  to your local teaching hospital and offer
your services, instead of complaining  how the rest of the world does not help
you. If the NIH should close their  Parkinson's Wing, just think how much it
will hurt our community, just sitting  at the computer and griping does no
good, start helping your self.
Sure it is scary, but what isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerry Haines