considering DBS works best for tremor, i find this indiscriminate pushing on PWPs who present with mostly freezing and rigidity, really devious and disingenuous.    and then there's the fact this procedure is good -- when it is -- for about 5 years (as you then have to deal with disease progression).    not to mention the fact that DBS has been touted as "reversible" brain surgery (compared with pallidotomy).     well, thank you very much -- like plugging electrodes into your brain and then removing them years later (that is, if you lucked out and didn't catch a nasty infection in the process), will not leave any scar tissue!    yeah, completely reversible.

i don't remember if that was you who quoted the article re. a starting neurologist with a NEW thriving practice -- servicing DBSers who are in search of regular follow-up maintenance.   small wonder the MDSs are actively recruiting for DBS surgery.    i wouldn't mind so much if at least they've made a gesture of perhaps first looking to exhaust other drugs, different dosages, other delivery systems!

it's a shame!   one must become one's own 'disease manager,' as if it's not enough just being its victim....  :(

ariela

====