Thanks you so much Diane for finding how they used my comments., Ray

"Rayilyn Brown, a 69-year-old Parkinson's disease sufferer from Surprise, Ariz., wrote a letter to Yaverbaum after coming across his idea online. "It's a great idea," she wrote. "If people had the life to live that I do they may not be so concerned about slippery slopes and brave new worlds."

She was alluding to the assertion by some opponents of the research that the practice could lead to the cloning of spare body parts and even human beings.

Brown does not plan to send in shoes because she is physically unable to do so.

his is not the first time Yaverbaum has used his clout as a public relations executive to create waves. In 1985, he organized Strikeback, a citizens action group dedicated to ending the baseball strike. But Yaverbaum makes it clear that this is different.

"That was fun. That was baseball; it was a game," he said. "This is life."