As some of you may know, the Parkinson Foundation of the Heartland has been
attempting to start a revolution in the way PWP are cared for in nursing
homes and other care settings.  We have developed and are marketing the
Parkinson Care Series, 8 video tapes and a very substantial workbook,
carrying CEUs etc...  These are going out to all kinds of facilities, who
then agree to train a team of "go to" guys for our PWP.  So far, so good.
We have just picked up two major groups, a rehab hospital group of about
120, and a non-medical home agency of 475.  Both of these companies operate
in the US and Canada.  We are hearing from these agencies that they would
really like to meet the Parkinson community - many are wanting to help with
volunteering and fundraising events. Its all good.  If any of you engage in
events and would like to know if there is someone in your community who
would like to give you some money, let me know and I will hook you up.
Thanks to you all for being there, Meg