More than six months ago now, the folks who run the University of
Toronto's highspeed scanner created digital facsimiles of the entire
range of REED volumes published to date, and Internet Archive  makes all
of them available, free of charge, as DjVu documents:
http://www.archive.org/details/toronto  (search on REED to get list, or
browse to find many other Renaissance-related titles).  Internet Archive
(San Francisco) has many projects, including the Wayback Machine of
cached web pages.

What I cannot understand is why the REED organization is basically
sitting on news that the volumes are so wonderfully available to
researchers around the world.  This is especially ironic given that the
latest post to REED-L today announces the annual update to the music and
theater resources links page.  Are the online REED volumes there or
mentioned anywhere else?  No.

I am occasionally baffled by strange behavior in academia (I am an
independent researcher) but this takes the cake.

Al Magary
Hall's Chronicle Project