I meant to respond earlier but lost track of these emails.  Reflecting
back my first symptom was the loss of my sense of taste and smell.  I
asked my dermatologist at the time if the powerful drug she had me on
had this kind of side effect and she said no.  Next I developed plantar
fasciatis in one heal and spasms in my back and thigh all on the left
side and developed a limp.  Went to podiatrist and chiropractor who said
my pelvis was twisted but treatments didn't help for long.  Guess it was
the tight muscles on one side keeping me out of alignment.  Last, I
started moving very slowly and my left arm hung.  People thought I had a
stroke or pinched nerve.

Then I had a goofy thing happen.  Was trying to push my son without
moving myself to prove how strong I was when we were just goofing around
in the kitchen one day.  What was I thinking?  Well we both pushed at
the same time and I felt something give in my rib area.  Thought I broke
a rib - went to Health Check - didn't even xray it and said I would be
fine. Had lots of pain - GP gave me something to help me sleep at night
and said it would take a long time to heal - again no Xray since "they
can't do anything about it anyway" (YIKES!) Pain and discomfort
continued so was sent for a colonscopy - nothing there internally no on
any sonagrams of organs!  The colon doc said it was a muscular injury
after I told him about the above.  Every since then I have lots of
tightness, spasms, pain in my rib cage area.

Went to neurologist in October and was diagnosed with PD at 50.  Never
entered my mind it could be this since I had no idea what it was.

I think this kind of information would be very helpful to early PWP's
and medical personnel.  Thanks for asking!

Judy

Judy Conner
Associate Director
Hulman Memorial Student Union