Hi, Ned, how've you been?

I frequently go to Ontario, where there is universal healthcare, and
on CBC radio, there's usually a story about people not being able to
access health care, or a particular proceedure, especially outside
major urban areas.  One 'First-Nation' group actually bought their own
MRI unit.  There was some controversy over whether or not this was
legal.  But there are many stories of people having to wait
excessively for some medical treatments or tests.

Boy, Ontario is a beautiful place.  The govt really does a lot to make
it functional while keeping it clean.  I can tell you this: from Fort
Erie all the way to Sudbury, Ontario is booming!  Funny what a little
border can do.  It's dead here, on the other side of the mighty
Niagara.  But between the Canadian govt and Ontario govt, you couldn't
really call it an efficient system.  Bloated and redundant would be
closer to the mark.  And taxes!  They have to pay for all that system
somehow.

In healthcare, the trade-off is guaranteed healthcare for all, vs.
variable availability.

I wonder how the system could be adapted so everybody in the US would
be covered and there would be plenty of healthcare to go around...

Minnesota?  Somehow I had the mistaken impression that you were
British!
I hear Minn is a lot like Ont.  Ever been?

Enjoy Summer!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]