But I guess 120,000 in Britain plus the rest of us isn't enough to
budge Amgen off its big fat selfish butt.

Here's my radical concept of the day:  How about we ban ownership of
medical technologies?  Make it illegal to profit from cures for
disease.  Compensate the scientists who develop it, pay the producers
of the drug, all very handsomely.  But disallow the raping of poor and
defenseless patients aroung the world for the stuffing of the vaults
of the Amgens of the world.  Disallow the trading of pharmaceutical
stocks.  Make profiting from curing people illegal.

Hmmm, sounds like socialized medicine.  Oops.  Sorry, bad idea.  I can
just see a bunch of people lined up at the pharmacy, waiting for hours
while vested state employees shuffle as slowly as possible to fill
their scrips or impatiently and criptically try to explain why, after
three visits and 6 hours waiting, they have to fill out more paperwork
and come back next week.

I'm coming out of my reverie now.  And I remember that nothing can be
changed.  I'm ok.  Look, it's a beautiful day.  Let's do something.

Enjoy Summer!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]