Ray,

Not sure about watery eyes. My mom's eyes dry out because of the
constant forward staring and loss of blinking response. I encourage her
to do that eye exercise in which you "trace" the numbers one through
nine, keeping the head still and moving only the eyeballs. It is done
using the entire range of motion -- imagining the numbers as being HUGE.
I think this is helping keep her eye muscles supple.

I've heard it's very important to keep airways clear to reduce the
chances of developing aspiration pneumonia. In my mom's case, she now
has trouble swallowing and tends to choke on saliva if she falls asleep
in certain positions.

I encourage her to lean her head forward and over to one side when she's
about to doze off in her chair. That way she drools rather than inhaling
the excess saliva. A folded washcloth keeps her clothing dry, and a
towel placed at the front of her pillow collects her saliva while she's
sleeping on her side in bed. If this worsens, I may start using
absorbent incontinent pads with waterproof backing. I make sure to turn
her back onto her side if I find her sleeping on her back.

It's not easy or pleasant, any of this, but there are workarounds for
many of the more annoying symptoms. Most doctors are well-intentioned
but have simply never lived with or around Parkinson's. The tips
provided by members of this list are an absolute TREASURE to us!

All the best to you and yours,

Greyling