PDtrials.org Bulletin - July 2005

Clinical Trial Information and News for the Parkinson’s Community

Thank you for signing up to receive the Advancing Parkinson’s Therapies
(APT) PDtrials.org Bulletin. This email communication provides
information on Parkinson’s disease clinical trials that are actively
looking for participants, as well as news of interest on research and
treatments.

 In this issue:

Trials Recently Added to PDtrials.org
A Caregiver Testimonial on the Value of PDtrials.org
PDtrials News
Avigen Announces Encouraging Early Data from AV201 Trial
ACADIA Announces Positive Interim Results on ACP-103  Phase II Trial
Take the CISCRP Clinical Trial Registry Survey

Trials Recently Added to PDtrials.org

Stress-Reducing Program for Caregivers of People with Brain Conditions

Family caregivers provide a valuable service for their relatives.  While
doing so, caregivers sometimes encounter physical and emotional stress
that can be challenging. This study hopes to introduce some effective
stress management techniques for family caregivers.  Learn more…

A Caregiver Testimonial on the Value of PDtrials.org

We've been thrilled by the stories that we have received from people who
have found www.PDtrials.org to be a key resource on clinical trials.
Here is an excerpt of an email we received from a daughter who is caring
for her mom:

 “My mother has been involved in a study that I found using your web
site…the best part was not only was she compensated for her time but the
study provided cab fare… I was receiving your e-mails and I looked up all
the studies and found her some where she would not have to stop taking
the medication she is already on.  I just thought you should know someone
out there not only reads your newsletters but actually follows through
and gets involved in the research.”     Sandra Fogel lives in Maryland
and is caregiver to her mother who has Parkinson's.

If you have found www.PDtrials.org to be useful and want to share your
experience, please email us at [log in to unmask]

PDtrials.org News

 Avigen Announces Encouraging Early Data from AV201 trial

Avigen, Inc. announced encouraging results from the first person who was
treated in an early phase clinical trial of AV201, the company's drug
candidate for the treatment of mid- to later-stage Parkinson's disease.
Read more…

 ACADIA Announces Positive Interim Results on ACP-103 Phase II Trial

ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. reported encouraging results from a planned
interim trend analysis on ACP-103 trial for treatment-induced psychosis
in Parkinson’s patients. Read more…

Take the CISCRP Clinical Trial Registry Survey

CISCRP (The Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research
Participation) is conducting a survey among people who have looked at
listings of clinical trials over the Internet. Your input will be
valuable in helping us to better understand how people use resources like
www.PDtrials.org  and how the delivery of this information can be
improved.  Your opinions are completely confidential and private. View
the survey…

Spread the word about the Advancing Parkinson’s Therapies Campaign and
www.PDtrials.org!

If your organization serves the Parkinson’s community, you may wish to
join forces with us in increasing awareness and education about clinical
trials.  There are a number of ways to get involved, such as distributing
educational materials, featuring an APT booth at a local event, or being
listed on the on the Campaign Partners page on PDtrials.org.  Please
contact us at [log in to unmask] to find out more.

APT is led by the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation in collaboration with
the American Parkinson Disease Association, the Michael J. Fox Foundation
for Parkinson’s Research, the National Parkinson Foundation, the
Parkinson’s Action Network, The Parkinson Alliance, and WE MOVE.  In
addition, APT has a collaborative relationship with the National
Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, the Parkinson Study
Group, and the Parkinson Pipeline Project.

Our success depends on your support. If you know someone who would be
interested in receiving information about Parkinson’s clinical research,
please forward this email.

Subscribe! If you have been forwarded this message and would like to
sign-up for regular email updates from PDtrials.org, please go to
http://www.pdtrials.org/email_notification.php.