Coca leaves are indeed the source of cocaine.  The leaves have been
chewed, usually with a bit of chalk or ash to help release the effect,
by indigenous peoples of the Andes for centuries as an aid to
supplement energy for their daily tasks at high altitudes.

Coca Tea is often offered to tourists visiting Peruvian cities at high
altitudes, like Cuzco (11,000 ft.) .  The effect of the tea is probably
more psychological than otherwise, since the catalyst needed to
dissolve the alkaloids is not present.

Coca cola originally contained some Coca leaf extract for the same
"pick me up" effect.  Coca is no longer an ingredient.

See:                            http://www.siu.edu/~ebl/leaflets/coca2.htm

NKP.