Rebecca, since you are close by, I have these on my shelf if you would
like to borrow them.

Ann M. Blakeslee.  (book:) Interacting with Audiences: Social Influences
on the Production of Scientific Writing.  Lawrence Erlbaum. 2001

    This is a quantitative study of scientists working together on
    research and writing projects.  Genre emphasis is diffused
    throughout, regarding how they approach rhetorical situations.

Jim Henry. (book) Writing Workplace Cultures: An Archaeology of
Professional Writing.

    Jim Henry is a professor of Prof Writing who gets his students to do
    ethnographies of workplace writing.  This book is about their
    findings and reflections on what they learned.  Chapter 5 has a
    section on "discourse forms" which I assume is Genre-related.
    There is a website and an online article as well.

-Tania Smith