Dear Gerry,

While I do not post this message to promote an ongoing attack on the
character or motives of Senator Frist, I do wish to point out that I neither
appreciate nor do I thank individuals who change their moral compass to suit the
political climate of the day in order to garner rewards it may bring  them.

 Frist's history put simply:

 a)  His medical background provides him with an  educated/informed
perception of the possibilities and promise of embryonic  stem cell research and
therapy.  His place of power in the Senate has  provided him with the platform to
promote this importance science.

b)  He goes on public  record acknowledging the importance and promise of
embryonic stem cell  research in the pursuit of stem cell therapies.

c)  He switches course (flip flops?) when President Bush  proclaims his
policy.

d)  He sees the public's growing knowledge of the need for  Federal funding
and support of embryonic stem cell research and decides its time  to, once
again, change course.

Precious time and precious lives have slipped away over the four years that
Senator First has taken to assert himself on this issue.  He has instead
"waited to test the winds of fortune" to make sure they were blowing in  his
direction before he took his stand.

To me, these are acts of character that I neither thank nor  applaud. As a
doctor, Senator Frist has held position in the  Senate as one of its most
informed members on this health issue.  While he could have been taking the brave
steps to lead the  way in furthering this science he has instead taken the path
of least  resistance and the one that he feels leads most directly to the
White House.

Dee