Dear Theresa,

Thank you for your response to my comments regarding Senator Frist's  support
of embryonic stem cell research.  My remarks were made in response  to
Gerry's post on this issue.  Gerry stated that she thanks a person who  decides his
opinion was wrong or changes his mind when he becomes better  informed and
that she dislikes the low blows that come out of postings here  on this List.  My
response (I feel) was to explain the reasons  why Senator Frist might deserve
a certain amount of criticism and  that, while his support of ESCR is a
dramatic and most welcome turn of events, I  do not thank him for the precious time
that has been lost.

I'm sorry that you feel that some of us "revel" in making disparaging
comments...believe me, I would much rather "revel" in a cure  for Parkinson's
disease.  I'm sorry that you feel that we are caught  up in putting Republicans
down...Up until the election of 2004, I had voted  Republican all of my adult
life.  I'm sorry that you feel we hate  president Bush...hate is not the word I
would use...fear, distrust and anger  seem the more appropriate terms.  Fear of
the power one  person holds in determining the fate of this very important
research.   Distrust of the motives behind this power. Anger that we've lost four
 years while waging an ongoing battle to get to where we are now.

Yes, I agree that there is wisdom in the saying "Keep your mouth  shut once
the sale is made."   I will agree that this sale has been  made when I see the
signature on the dotted line:  When HR-810 is  passed in the Senate ( of
course this will be determined when it is put to  vote and I assume that Senator
Frist will have some influence in that  decision.)  When President Bush  does
not veto it.

 I hope that this post serves to convey my feelings on this  issue without
being rude or offensive.  I know that there are  two sides to the issue of
embryonic stem cell research and that  sometimes discussions can become quite
passionate.  Illness,  disability, pain and suffering are passionate
issues...Embryos, right to life  and when life begins are passionate issues.  It seems
inevitable that  the political, spiritual and educational aspects of stem cell
research will  be discussed on this forum along with other issues that relate to
Parkinson's  disease.  I hope that we can do so with respect and understanding.

Dee