-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of rayilynlee
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 1:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: still no vote til fall...maybe

Rick, I'm only reporting what I read.  The pundits will speculate about
Frist's motives.  We do know he first supported ESCR, then Bush's position,
now is breaking with him.  Obviously, I don't like him  (as I believe is my
right) or his erroneous TV diagnosis of Terri Schiavo.

There are several bills waiting for a hearing, remember I emailed re Senator
Roscoe Bartlett's bill based on an idea (no research at all)that would not
involve the creation of embryos.   The other bills involve proposals to get
around creating embryos, but not  banning IVF.  Some observers also think
this will be a diversion in the Senate  away from HR 810, the passed House
bill that called for expanded funding for research on the embryos in limbo
in IVF clinics.  In the meantime, South Korea, China, Singapore, Israel and
the UK are full stem ahead.

Gerry and Mother Teresa, I signed a  petition thanking Frist, did you?  Be
sure to exercise your right of free speech.
Ray, waiting for Godot