Dear Greg,

Thank you for your response to my post in regard to a national  registry.
This is an issue that has been on my mind for several  years but to which I am
only now beginning to do some in-depth  investigation.  I guess that I'm more
than a little surprised about the  negativity to a registry because of privacy
concerns.  Could it be that the  majority of the PD community is elderly?  I
certainly don't wish to  appear biased but this may stem from a generational
attitude about such  things.

I would like to touch base with you as I attempt to gather info on the
registry that the CDC is in the process of developing known as the National
Environmental Public Health Tracking Program.  I admire and applaud your  involvment
in so many efforts to bring and keep Parkinson's issues in the  spotlight of
public awareness and to further the cause to find a cure.  As  for myself, I
would love to have the energy to follow through more fully with  all of the
ideas and ambitions I have bouncing around in my head.  My mind  is in over-drive
while my body is in first gear.  But, I have followed and  been active in
promoting the stem cell issue for years now and feel that I  have had a part in
moving this science forward. Through petitioning our  State and Federal
officials regularly (I even called the National Democratic  Headquarters at the
beginning of the presidential campaign to suggest  that they put the spotlight on
stem cell research as part of their  platform...I was so very pleased when Ron
Reagan, Jr. took the  platform and announced to the public the importance of
stem  cell research and funding.  Public awareness and education are  the keys
to moving this science forward and I believe that, as more people  become
informed, the support for it will keep growing.

Hope to chat further on these issues soon.  Must focus on  the interests of
my granddaughter today...school starts this week and  there is an ice cream
social to attend.

Take care,

Dee